I had recently been asked to create a logo for a new gardening business and was kind of excited about the opportunity. while I waited for preferences and ideas I decided to do a little research for possibilities and put a few simple designs together. I sent these ideas to the business owner for feedback and opinions and he actually liked the first basic design and sent it to the embroiders straight away to be stitched to a work shirt!! I was so pleased with myself, although it felt too easy. I know the business owner and as we are both starting out in the world on new work adventures it was exciting for us both.
I made a few quick sketches and scanned them to work on in Photoshop for a more digital finish, and then tried different filters within Photoshop for further effects. I would have liked to try a Lino print for this project but im sure as the business progresses I may get the chance to update the logo.
One of the original sketches.
The first design from Photoshop.
So, we went with the first design, adding just the name and number and off it went to the embroider.
This was the final product. The business owner and I both agreed that the embroidery could have been better but both still pleased with the accomplishment.
although it was a small and fairly quick project I did enjoy working with it for the sake of experience, and working with a customer.
The gardening service:
J.S. GARDEN SERVICES