Jessica Lloyd Jones specialises in merging Art, Science and Technology. Jessica Lloyd-Jones’ energy inspired sculpture and installations manipulate materials and light to reveal new perspectives on the world in which we live. Questioning the boundary between science fiction and science fact, much of her artwork investigates a broad range of subject matter relating to natural phenomenas, including bioluminescence, bioelectricity, geochemistry and the cosmos. Part of her history includes:
Qualifications and training
- 2005 MFA Sculpture, Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh
- 2007 Biosmos NaCl, Heart Fine Art Gallery, Edinburgh
- 2010 Contemporary Art from Wales, Fraser Gallery, Maryland, USA
- 2009 Bursary Award Exhibition, Royal British Society of Sculptors, London
- 2008 Electric Blue, OXO Tower Wharf, South Bank, London
- 2009 Safle Public Art Residency, Ruthin Craft Centre, North Wales
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2008 Visiting Artist Fellowship, UrbanGlass, New York
Royal British Society of Sculptors Public Art Award Proposal. Toughened glass and steel sculpture, appearing to optically change colour and transparency depending on angle of view and projecting coloured reflections upon its surroundings.
I have really enjoyed looking at Jessica’s work, The Prism above is the piece i like the most. I think she has undoubtably a very unique style. I feel fascinated by the idea of merging Art, Science and Technology and look forward to seeing her future works.